Understanding the Strengthening Families Framework and Working in Core Groups
Date & Time:
If this course is taking place on MSTeams or Zoom a link will be sent to your from the training provider before the course start date. Please ensure you check your junk mail.
Target Group: Level 3/Health 3
This course should be attended by multi-agency professionals who are required to attend child protection conferences. This will include: Social Workers, General Practitioners, Child and Adolescence Mental Health Workers, Midwifes and other Health Professionals, Police, Probation, Family Support Workers, Education Welfare Officers or other Education Professionals (DSL), Early Years Consultants, School Nurses, Residential Workers, Substance Misuse Workers and all those who are working, or in contact with children, young people and families.
To provide an understanding of the Strengthening Families Framework model used within the Child Protection Conference, ensuring effective participation in Child Protection Conferences and contributing to the development of robust child protection/child in need plans.
- Explain the benefits of the Strengthening Families Framework (SFF) model of child protection conferences
- Describe the concept of Significant Harm in relation to the Right Help, Right Time model and the use of Danger and Safety statements to gauge how safe children are
- Describe Birmingham's Child Protection Process and the use of Strengthening Families Framework Child Protection Conference model
- Explain how SF Assessment Framework works, the use of scaling and the development of SMART plans for children
- Identify individual and agency actions to ensure that participants are well prepared to attend SFF conferences
- Plan how to embed learning into practice
BSCP Instructions to Delegates Attending Face to Face Training:
For our socially distanced face to face courses…
- Please follow social distancing guidelines when attending the venue and show consideration for your fellow delegates.
- If you would like to, feel free to wear a mask for your own protection. When doing so please make a conscious effort to communicate clearly when you are sharing in group discussions, and bear in mind that much of your natural facial expressions will be hidden from the Trainer and fellow delegates.
- Please note that refreshments will most likely NOT be available during these courses and so we encourage you to bring your flasks for hot drinks and snacks with you for breaktimes. As usual, it’s important to plan well if you want to leave the venue at lunch time to purchase food.
For our virtual courses…
- Virtual Courses will take place via Microsoft Teams and - to a lesser extent – Zoom.
- Please read the course information, confirmations and any follow up emails carefully during and after your booking process, and follow the instructions for receiving or locating the link to the course. Virtual courses have been re-designed from their usual face to face format, and so some alterations such as the requirement to complete pre-course work (in some instances) are in place for you.
- If your organisation allows it, Microsoft Teams should be downloaded on your device and you should know how to use it prior to training.
- For staff who cannot download Zoom (eg Birmingham Children’s Trust Staff), it will not be necessary to download the Zoom program in order to attend the virtual session.”
When joining a Zoom call:
- Join the call using a browser (internet explorer or Edge) – you must not download the Zoom software
- You must not transfer information to the group on the call (such as files etc.) via Zoom.
- If this is a new partner you are working with you may need to consider if attendees are required to complete a confidentiality agreement (this is separate from the use of Zoom etc.)
It is very important that if you book a place but later cannot attend that you cancel your place at least 14 days before the event date. This will enable the place to be offered to delegates on the waiting list and will avoid any non attendance charges being made to your organisation. Cancellation requests outside of 14 days should be emailed to email@example.com;