Neglect and the Graded Care Profile
Date & Time:
Target Group: Level 3/Health 3
This course should be attended by people who work directly with children and their families who have a responsibility as part of the multi-agency network to identify and respond to children’s needs by initiating or carrying out assessments where they are experiencing neglect.
Assessing the impact of Neglect on children and using the Graded Care Profile to enhance assessment and intervention.
- Utilising Birmingham’s approaches such as the Signs of Safety and Wellbeing framework to enhance assessments of children’s needs in the context of neglect
- Recognise and identify when abuse and neglect is occurring and intervene effectively and appropriately
- Understand the short- and long-term impact of abuse and neglect on children
- Explore common pitfalls in recognising and responding effectively to neglect, drawing on lessons from serious case reviews and research
- Carry out assessments that focus on the child’s actual lived experience
- Use the Graded Care Profile as a tool for assessment and intervention