Safeguarding for Senior, Designated & Operational Managers*
Date & Time:
If this course takes place on MS Teams. A link will be sent before the course start date direct from the trainer(Barnardo's).
Target Group: Level 3/Health 3
This virtual course is aimed at professional advisors, named and designated lead professionals and operational managers at all levels, practice supervisors and front line managers. This is not the accredited DSL training which is aimed at Schools. This course is not suitable for child-minders.
To ensure operational managers across the inter-agency network understand their requirements and responsibilities with regard to safeguarding children in Birmingham. To understand how these requirements and responsibilities can be met through the effective supervision of safeguarding practice.
- Baseline knowledge of operational managers legal requirements and responsibilities with regard to safeguarding children under the Children Act, Working Together and Right Help, Right Time
- Knowing how to support & supervise practitioners to increase the use of the Early Help and Request for Support process, to support families
- Knowing how to support & supervise practitioners in making inter-agency referrals to Children’s Social Care
- Knowing how to support & supervise practitioners when there is an escalation of safeguarding concerns when a child is already known to Children’s Social Care
- Knowing how to support & supervise practitioners when there are concerns around another professional’s safeguarding practice
- Knowing how to support & supervise practitioners when there is a disagreement with a Social Worker’s assessment of the risk to a child
- Knowing how to support & supervise practitioners in their participation in Child Protection Conference and other inter-agency processes
- Knowing the specific lessons arising from SCR’s for supervisors and how you will change practice in your organisation to implement these lessons
BSCP Instructions to Delegates Attending Face to Face Training:
For our socially distanced face to face courses…
- Please follow social distancing guidelines when attending the venue and show consideration for your fellow delegates.
- If you would like to, feel free to wear a mask for your own protection. When doing so please make a conscious effort to communicate clearly when you are sharing in group discussions, and bear in mind that much of your natural facial expressions will be hidden from the Trainer and fellow delegates.
- Please note that refreshments will most likely NOT be available during these courses and so we encourage you to bring your flasks for hot drinks and snacks with you for breaktimes. As usual, it’s important to plan well if you want to leave the venue at lunch time to purchase food.
For our virtual courses…
- Virtual Courses will take place via Microsoft Teams and - to a lesser extent – Zoom.
- Please read the course information, confirmations and any follow up emails carefully during and after your booking process, and follow the instructions for receiving or locating the link to the course. Virtual courses have been re-designed from their usual face to face format, and so some alterations such as the requirement to complete pre-course work (in some instances) are in place for you.
- If your organisation allows it, Microsoft Teams should be downloaded on your device and you should know how to use it prior to training.
- For staff who cannot download Zoom (eg Birmingham Children’s Trust Staff), it will not be necessary to download the Zoom program in order to attend the virtual session.”
When joining a Zoom call:
- Join the call using a browser (internet explorer or Edge) – you must not download the Zoom software
- You must not transfer information to the group on the call (such as files etc.) via Zoom.
- If this is a new partner you are working with you may need to consider if attendees are required to complete a confidentiality agreement (this is separate from the use of Zoom etc.)
Booking has now closed for this event.
A link to join the course will be sent to you by email before the course start date.