Reducing Parental Conflict Multi-Agency training (2 sessions)
Date & Time:
Please note that this training is delivered over two sessions and you must attend both sessions to obtain a certificate and resources.
Target group - Professionals who provide support and intervention to children and/or their families in Birmingham
Event Aim: This training aims to enhance your knowledge, understanding, skills, and confidence to work with parents who experience conflict in their relationships. Trained staff will be able to support parents to understand the impact that conflict has on their children and promote healthier ways of resolving disagreements and positive relationships.
By the end of the training you will be able to:
- Raise parents’ awareness and understanding of the impact of parental conflict on children.
- Access digital resources and tools to help parents recognise and reduce conflict.
- Enable parents to develop positive communication skills and helpful conflict behaviours which are not harmful to children.
Professionals will be trained in the use of three digital resources designed to reduce parental conflict with three different audiences:
- Me, You and Baby Too for new parents
- Arguing better for parents experiencing stress and conflict
- Getting it Right for Children for separating or separated parents
Day 1: 3 hours (9.30am – 12.30pm)
The impact of parental conflict on children’s outcomes.
- Background to the design of the digital resources.
- Introduction to OPO digital resources.
Day 2: 3 hours (9.30am – 12.30pm)
- A chance to explore the digital resources for yourself.
- Skills for working with parents.
- Further help and support.
How is the training delivered?
This is an online training offer, which will take place on Microsoft Teams. It is delivered over two consecutive half-days. Each day’s training is three hours. You will need to attend both sessions to be able to access the digital resources. Trainers will send the link for the Teams meetings for both days. there may be a delay in receiving the link so please save the date in your calendar Places are limited on this event so please do not send the link to your colleagues as they maybe unable to access a certificate following the training.